Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee. I’ll put on some already dirty clothes to go out and do morning chores. Feeding the bottle lambs their milk is a lesson on taking a mud bath. I sit on a milk crate and they climb all over me. Little muddy hungry monsters. There’s 3, so I clamp one bottle between my knees and hold the other 2 bottles.

I’ll change clothes so I can go to Lufkin. I need 4-5 gallons of milk for making formula for bottle lambs and 5-6 100 pound bales of alfalfa for the ewes with babies. The road is passable but another hard storm coming in tomorrow will flood my road again. I don’t have a 4WD so I don’t challenge the flooded road in my diesel truck with that heavy engine that would make it sink in the mud. Neighbors have a 4WD and can pick me up in the morning to go to church.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
no rhubarb around anywhere at the moment
Rhu•barb from the Barbarians.

The farmers' markets are beginning to open. I had 5 plants when there was a need for them. Reduced that to 2 later and becoming convinced that many is only necessary if we take in boarders.

Betty Crocker has the recipe & the flour mix LINK. It is one of the reasons for us to buy that mix. With oil and eggs always on hand (& milk, usually), I go for the original mix and add ingredients to make pancakes and waffles. Simple Dimple.

Supposed to be close to "room temperature" this afternoon so I'd better start on it soon while the oven heat will be appreciated.

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was it @ducks4you who mentioned within the last year about the phone calls from the Medicare Advantage provider who wanted to do the annual phone call/video call? Hubs and I did them two times in the last two years, and are being bombarded now for a new call for this calendar year.

My experience with Wellcare by Healthnet (my advantage program) is that the person had no idea of my health history, who my PPO provider was, and was only asking me questions. She wouldn't even make a suggestion when I asked her three times about a womans' annual health exam.

Now hubs comes in with the phone on his ear; he's being asked questions he can't remember anymore; they didn't know our PA's office address; and more. They woulnd't talk to me so I told him to hang up.

Thoughts?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
all the advantage and gap plans are there to get people to buy more services because that is where they make their money. this past six to eight months was loaded with all sorts of companies advertizing their plans and since Mom is happy with her current one we didn't make any change, but what all this advertizing effort told me was that it was a huge money maker for them because they probably spent billions of dollars on stamps, writers and printing for all the stuff we threw away.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Was it @ducks4you who mentioned within the last year about the phone calls from the Medicare Advantage provider who wanted to do the annual phone call/video call? Hubs and I did them two times in the last two years, and are being bombarded now for a new call for this calendar year.

My experience with Wellcare by Healthnet (my advantage program) is that the person had no idea of my health history, who my PPO provider was, and was only asking me questions. She wouldn't even make a suggestion when I asked her three times about a womans' annual health exam.

Now hubs comes in with the phone on his ear; he's being asked questions he can't remember anymore; they didn't know our PA's office address; and more. They woulnd't talk to me so I told him to hang up.

Thoughts?
I'd block that number

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s going to hit 91F today and humidity is 96%. It’s hazy and Smokey due to Mexico burning off sugarcane fields. Sugarcane has to be burned to get rid of the foliage and leave the stalk, to be processed for sugar.
I’m not real motivated to play outside today.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
High Humidity and Smoke!? Good goobly goop!

Our immediate neighborhood is smokey but it is the neighbor and his smoker. Dang, he is directly SW kittycorner and the direction of the prevailing breeze. Retired and moved here from Hawaii (!?) about 5 years ago and has a real penchant for running that smoker.

I had moved the tomato plants into the carport after their 3rd day out in mostly shade. It is 37⁰f right now and I didn't anticipate that cold (63f [17C] yesterday afternoon) but it continues to drop into the 30's every morning (below 4⁰C). We will chase you a little towards the heat, @baymule . The thermometer is supposed to rise above 80f (27C) this weekend.

Chasing the sprinklers around the yard today.

Steve

Latest posts