Phaedra's Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
About three weeks ago, I pinched the tops of Dahlias that I grew from seeds and propagated them as cuttings. Some make it, and some don't. For those successfully rooted, it's time to give them their own cells.
21363.jpg

21362.jpg

Meanwhile, the pruned Stevia cuttings were soaked in water. I didn't have any expectation, but it works. The first one roots nicely also got its own cell today.
21361.jpg

From the early pinching/pruning, you can still harvest new plants without additional costs.
21359_0.jpg

Melons seeds that sprouted inside a melon - nice of them already show the vitality to grow. Life is miracle, isn't it?
21360_0.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Another day with super heavy rain, so, it's time to stay indoors for reading and chores.

21374.jpg

The flowers picked yesterday - they look gorgeous after resting over night.
21376.jpg

There is an introduction of Green lacewings - it's great to learn about that their larvae are known as "aphid lions" (also spelled "aphidlions") or "aphid wolves". Besides, I realized that their larvae are sold as biological control agents, wow!
21379.jpg

It's also interesting to learn more about biennial plants. Never too old to learn.
21358_0.jpg

Well, something funny here, I don't know why some wild roses (they look like wild roses to me) 'invaded' those plastic planters. Maybe because of the compost? I might throw some rosehips and some branches I pruned last year? When I pull them (there are two) out, each has an about 6" long tap root! Anyway, I put both plants in a glass jar with water now, and maybe I can identify them better much later.
21252(1).jpg

Latest posts