A Few More Days, Shed of the Year

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You only have a few more days to enter pictures of your shed for the competition!

You can view the entries here: LINK

:)

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I think you posted a link earlier about garden sheds--mostly the ones I looked at were put on peoples' garden allotments in England. The idea of having to enter a lottery to win the right to rent a garden plot is so foreign to me. The whole thing intrigues me, seeing how differently things are approached in other areas.
We take our Wide Open Spaces for granted here. Most people (not on TEG) curse the necessity of mowing their lawn, when they could be raising an edible crop, if they just would do it.
......walks away mumbling....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Hattie the Hen explained quite a few things about the UK's allotment gardens on TEG, a few years ago. We have other gardeners who could talk about that now.

Mostly, it's retired folks out there. The whole idea intrigued me when I saw a picture of an elderly lady making tea in her shed surrounded by a cute little garden.

First of all, what is this "allotment" idea? National law in some countries is that local governments are required to make unused land available for those who want to grow food. Wow!

I had some ground in a community garden years ago. It was fun! We were not allowed to put up tool sheds but I can imagine that it would just add to the fun of being there and being involved with others.

Steve

Latest posts