A Perfect Day To...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do just about anything. DH is gone all day on a float trip, Penny is going to daycare in about a half hour, and it is an absolutely gorgeous day, unseasonably low humidity and a high of 84 degrees predicted.
If I have energy, I will work in the garden this morning and evening, and sew during the middle of the day. I have two quilt tops waiting to be quilted, and I have a new sewing machine with a 9" throat, so it can handle just about any size quilt as I try to perfect (or at least get to an acceptable stage) of free motion quilting.
If I don't have energy, it will be a great day to nap and watch soap operas. So, win/win.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The heat is still here but the humidity has dropped a lot. I can move around without becoming soaked. I think I'll go put a bunch of cockerels in the freezer. If I leave now I shouldn't have any problem doing six, may do seven. I have eleven that are ready. With the low humidity and being in the shade it should be quite comfortable out there.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Make sure you have a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon with something sweet and delicious and sit outside in the shade just enjoying your garden. :) I guess that would have to be an ice tea huh? Forgot it's hot over there.

Mary

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How I love those days! A great chance to throw out unnecessary old things husband. Old fishing hooks, for example. No, if I ask him, these things are necessary or not, he would say: "Of course, we need." So I do not ask. I hide them for a year. If he does not recall, in this day, I throw them out.
Hell, sometimes these things are really necessary ...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good idea, hiding it for a year. I did that with a cap my son wore long long after it was beyond acceptable. Very dirty and he wouldn't let me wash it. I hid it and we finally forgot about it. I found it 3 years later, still a nasty mess. Into the trash it went.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It seems like my sons do the same! I still can not throw out the old nest of wasps, which brought the younger. It's time to hide.

Latest posts