A Seed Saver's Garden

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm having the most....*interesting* gardening dilemma right now. The creek right beside my pea bed is being claimed by a big beaver. He has tried damming it 3 times in the last week, right next to my garden, so my neighbour and I have kept on top of it by dismantling his efforts each morning. His choice of materials has been interesting - my daughters huge plastic playhorse, our recycle bins, my gardening stool, my neighbours freshly cut firewood, and he's curiously selecting pieces of wood from our wood shed. All the boards and 2x4 's are stacked inside a diy shed covered with a tarp and he's going in there and sliding the boards out and pulling them to the creek. Why do all the work of chewing if you don't have to I guess.

So yesterday my neighbour trucked all his firewood to his summer camp hoping to discourage him. This morning, no sign, but he seems to only work every second night so we'll see tomorrow morning. Doesn't help its been raining SO much, which drives them. I knew he was further back on the property, cause the walking paths back there are a bit flooded cause he damming over some of those, but I thought he'd stay back there. Apparently not. I guess they're all about maximizing real estate.

I wouldn't like to see him get hurt, so I'm really hoping he can take a hint. I know at the first sign of teeth marks in the big trees by the creek, or our yards, my neighbour will take action. I know he's holding off for my sake...for now. 90% of Canadian land is wilderness owned by the Crown, and he's got to pick my backyard!

Latest posts