Anyone On Facebook?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, so I finally broke down and got on Facebook, to keep up with my family and try to get a discussion going about our high school class reunion next year. Since we don't have a land line anymore, I feel like I can't be contacted as easily.
Anyway, I got a friend request from a gal I don't know real well, but there is a family connection, and she went to my school, so I figured "what the heck."
So now I find this gal seems to post crap all day long.....pictures of everywhere she goes, and everything she eats. religious stuff that irritates me ("type Amen if you agree" stuff) and really radical political blatherings. I have to pointedly search for anything that is posted by anyone else.

So, do you know if there is a way to block her postings, without unfriending her? Face to face, she's not an annoying person, but on facebook, Eek! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep....in the right hand corner of her posts you'll find a little light grey down arrow doohickey. Click on that down arrow and you'll have a little menu about what you'd like to do with that post...sadly, there is no option for sticking it into various orifices of the one who posted it, but you can choose to not follow that particular person. They will remain your "friend" but you won't ever have to see any of their drama.

I've been on FB for many years now...know how many "friends" I have? A grand total of 11, all but 3 are immediate family...and nine of those "friends" are not followed by me. ;)

Nice to have a filter. :caf

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, so I finally broke down and made a got on Facebook, to keep up with my family and try to get a discussion going about our high school class reunion next year. Since we don't have a land line anymore, I feel like I can't be contacted as easily.
Anyway, I got a friend request from a gal I don't know real well, but there is a family connection, and she went to my school, so I figured "what the heck."
So now I find this gal seems to post crap all day long.....pictures of everywhere she goes, and everything she eats. religious stuff that irritates me ("type Amen if you agree" stuff) and really radical political blatherings. I have to pointedly search for anything that is posted by anyone else.

So, do you know if there is a way to block her postings, without unfriending her? Face to face, she's not an annoying person, but on facebook, Eek! Ain't nobody got time for that!
You can unfollow individual posts. For instance the religious posts are probably form one site. You can click on the site and it will give you options. Don't show me any more posts from this site. You can unfollow her if it gets to be too much. O don't think she can tell.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thank you beekissed I opened mine but sure had not had enough
coffee took 10 minutes to find the arrow

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am such a newbie at this stuff. I didn't really understand what "follow" referred to till recently.
Is it possible to follow someone that doesn't want to be your friend?
But then, who would do that but perverts? :eek:
Or exes? Or spouse of your ex? Or your old boss that you really hate now?.......Yikes! :hide I need to rethink this.:rolleyes:

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know you can block people quite easily
and someone has to send a friend request you do not have
let them be friends

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm not on Facebook, although there are times when I wish I was, I've been invited to join so many times but so far I've resisted. DH is the computer whiz in our house and he's not a big fan of Facebook so I stay clear. On the other hand most of our kids and friends are on Facebook. I belong to several forums, all gardening related and enjoy them all but I have to admit this one has become my favorite.
IMO social media is becoming a big problem, society is fast forgetting how to interact with real people face to face, the internet is a wonderful thing, information at your fingertips but there's the other side, the bullying and nastiness... also all the creeps that troll looking for personal information and using the internet for other nasty stuff.

Annette

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is very true there is a person that claims to be a sister of mine
yet is unable to answer a few basic question regarding the
sperm bank my mother was married to when she had me and my brother
or her mother

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I joined FaceBook to keep up with the older grands living a bit away. Although I have only two non-relative 'friends' there is more than enough junk from a couple of relatives and one of those friends to fill pages and pages of messages every day. I have no problem skipping over them at all.

With the grands all gone to college, there's little I hear from or about them now anyway so I go days without checking my FaceBook pages. My daughter does enough computer work during the day that she refuses to 'play' on one after work, but my son-in-law does post and keep me up on what's going on with the family.

Latest posts