Autumn Greens

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will link this thread to a Greenhouse Greens thread because I will have to move some things into that protected growing soon. Not many of these can go in there:
IMG_20151003_164955.jpg

These are Shanghai-type bok choy. I sowed the seed sometime mid July and they were transplanted to give them more room. Harvesting has already begun but it may cool down to freezing nights again and the smaller plants can go in a greenhouse bed.

Their story should have begun here: Summer Greens. However, I didn't note when the seed went in the ground. Plants from the same seed sown July 12th have already been all harvested.

I can tell you about the Portuguese kale mentioned in the final summer geeens post. Boy, it didn't like the heat! The leaves were not good until just last week after that kale had a chance to grow new ones thru September. The Scotch kale just chugged right along but a lot of its leaves were discarded as new ones came in.

I have recently sown more seed for greens in containers (link). Those seedlings will go in a greenhouse bed this month. Until they are ready, I've got the kale and what's in the picture, above.

:) Steve

Latest posts