By the hand, let's bring them here...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hay gang, some of our friends might not make it here unless we help them.

Some might be able to get here but might have a hard time finding things like...

Posting a new Topic
Finding which button to press to post a message, and some might type in a message and press the wrong button and get discouraged.

So I'm thinking that if we make kind of a coalition of helping hands, make some kind of list of who does not seem to have made it here, maybe we can email with them step by baby steps, BASIC OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS, that would apply to each one.

Making sure they can at least get in and say howdy, and then read the replies.

See, navigating the list of topics IS different here.

WHO IS MISSING?
Let's bring them home!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! I am one of those stumbling around. Backyard Herds did this not too long ago and I am still lost over there. Now I can be lost here. :barnie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don, GardenToad hasn't made it.

After 12 months of not being on TEG, I sent him an email a couple of weeks ago.

Remember? He was the Oklahoma gardener with the half-barrels in his backyard where he did most of his gardening. I thought that was a great idea and understood him having major problems with gardening during the 2012 drought but had hoped he'd be back this year.

And, speaking of Major . . . what about that other Major? I was looking forward to having 2 Majors and a Marshall and was hoping for a British Leftenant, if we could get one :/.

Privet Steve, 1st Horse

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not gonna let you get or stay lost Bay or Cane!!!

I have tons of LED Flashlights. Digit has a topic going called WE DOING OK HERE?

And Nifty has at least one good topic going on too. Maybe more.

Near the top of some of the main pages is a BANNER AD looking thing that right now has a FAQ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS page that is really helpful and good.

There are still lots of things I have not yet tried, like that MORE OPTIONS button directly under the box I'm typing in right now.

Wonder what that button does? SHOULD i push it?????????????

ohhhhhhhh boy...i'm gonna push that button! In case it automatically disintegrates me in a blue laser beam flash blast...
=====
STILL ALIVE HERE! WHEW!
IT DID BLINK AND LOAD ANOTHER PAGE, BUT KEPT WHAT I TYPED. TYPING BOX IS BIGGER.
A COUPLE CHECK BUTTONS ABOUT IF I WANT TO WATCH THIS THRead and do i want to get email notifications.
and there's the smallish RECENT ACTIVITY DIGEST.
=====

SO, pretty much looks like FOR BASIC OPERATION, stick with RECENT ACTIVITY.

ANOTHER BASIC THING HERE IS:

"REPLY TO THREAD" is the button you press after you type your message.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That "MORE OPTIONS" button (Marshall, I like the bold but so many caps are a little much!) allows you to "Preview."

You can edit right there before the "Post Reply."

Not that I'm much good at figuring out what I need to edit until much later - when I finally get around to seeing that I left a "not" out of sentence and completely wrecked the meaning!

Hey, this is just for fun but you know how you have keyboard shortcuts for italics and such for your word processor program? You can use them here in the text box.

Oh, and one of the very first things I did on this new forum is ~ shrink the text ~ ! I don't know if Marshall wants to hear this but everything was kind of overlapping everything else! So, I did a "Ctrl minus sign" to get the page down where things fit.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great idea, Marshall. I wondered about that too... It took me awhile to get in yesterday, even though it was up and running, because I had my bookmark going to a sub-page on the old site and kept getting a maintenance message.

PM's should shoot out an email notice (if you don't already know a person's email or if they have that option disabled.)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
yea, i guess i am having too much fun :p

is there a button to expand size the text? what symbol will it have?

Latest posts