Can I look inside your green house?

missourigirl11

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love love looking at other people's green house. I am gonna get some pics of mine tomorrow and post :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Mañana, I will push the rosemary out of the way, load the bench with seedlings and take a picture.

Steve
want to click the little camera guy while you are waiting?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 should wow us with her sunroom again! @jackb won't even have to go out there since images are beamed everywhere he goes to make it possible for him to keep track of things. @Masoud has some gorgeous plants and a charming greenhouse! I'm curious what @wsmoak 's "sunshed" looks like these days since it is a much better looking one than mine. Etc. Etc. !

Mine is no Margaritaville despite the waiter having left his tray on the bench . . .

It is difficult to take a picture of the entire greenhouse because it is so long and narrow. I decided that it might be best to get a shot from the ladder. The heater is directly behind the camera.

DSC00937.JPG

At least, this shows most places I can put plants as the greenhouse fills. Between the roof supports and on the beam that lies down the center on the ground - I've got just the right amount of room for additional flats.

That is under the bench. I can also fill the area under the bench with plants but they are fairly well shaded so it isn't best.

Steve
those flats of transplanted peppers will go under the bench as the mid-day sun begins to bear down on 'em. they need several days for root development.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Impressive as usual, Steve! Nothing like that shade of green, on new growth! No one wants to see what my greenhouse looks like, yet. For the winter it becomes the catchall- not very attractive!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Only if I can cheat and post pics from last year. My seedlings are still in the house.
But, I'd love to see yours, @missourigirl11 !

Looks great @digitS' ! I like the new bench, and you've got a lot more cookie boxes going than I do... :D

Impressive as usual, Steve! Nothing like that shade of green, on new growth! No one wants to see what my greenhouse looks like, yet. For the winter it becomes the catchall- not very attractive!

Sounds like you have the same mess as I, Lesa ... and just how does that happen when I tell myself I'm not going to do THAT again!? :\

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The thing is so narrow that I would have trouble using the greenhouse to catch much of anything - with any hope of getting it out again!

I will have to add a 1 by 4 to the bench. I know that 1 row of flats cross-wise and 1 row length-wise will fit but . . . all I'll need to do is reach under the bench about 6 times and I'll catch an outside flat with my shoulder and flip it!

I'm not so worried about the potting soil down my neck as what that will do to the plants. Yeah, it will come down to measuring things by the 3/4" to try to have enough room for me to move and the flats to stay in place.

Steve

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Steve, your Rosemary looks stunning! I wish I had that in my kitchen. I love Rosemary anything. My favorite treat is fresh brewed tea chilled with Rosemary and crushed berries topped off with a little sparkling water. So refreshing.