Citrus & Olives in GSO, NC

CCole

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello, TheEasyGarden members. I've just joined up, and am hoping to learn a bit and share my little bit of experience.

Attachments

• IMG_5570.JPG
    IMG_5570.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 195

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome !!! I have 3 citrus trees going into my 3rd winter. A lime,calaman and meyer lemon. I live about 1 hour north of NYC zone 5/6. Before first frost I move the potted trees inside and put a grow light on them. The calaman is always covered in flowers and fruit,never any trouble. The lime is never any trouble but only produces about 3 fruit a season. The Meyers is a pain in the neck,I almost trashed it this summer thinking it dead. The Meyers is a very heavy flowerier. The only reason i keep the meyer is because the fruit is so good.

CCole

Sprout
Reaction score
Welcome !!! I have 3 citrus trees going into my 3rd winter. A lime,calaman and meyer lemon. I live about 1 hour north of NYC zone 5/6. Before first frost I move the potted trees inside and put a grow light on them. The calaman is always covered in flowers and fruit,never any trouble. The lime is never any trouble but only produces about 3 fruit a season. The Meyers is a pain in the neck,I almost trashed it this summer thinking it dead. The Meyers is a very heavy flowerier. The only reason i keep the meyer is because the fruit is so good.
Nice. I haven't had any issue with my Meyers so far. I'm also growing a key lime and murcott, but they are new plants. I've also got over a dozen grapefruit and lemon from random seed about 3 - 4 years old now, as well as a ponciri trifolata that was the result of an extreme dieback of Eureka - the Eureka died and the rootstock survived.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was my worry with the meyer. I thought it was dead, then new growth from very low. I was not sure if it was root stock, I posted some photos on line and was told it is meyers. What i hate about meyers is everytime it is moved or light changes it drops all its leaves.

Latest posts