Dews quilt

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
People who don't quilt really don't have any idea how difficult it is to make even a simple patterned quilt. I love those colors. I have made a couple of quilts, and love the look of "crazy quilts" but I tend to try to take shortcuts, and end up in trouble. In general, about half my time sewing is spent ripping out seams. The apron I am working on now would have to sell for about $250.00 to pay me for my time!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I misread that title and my heart skipped a beat. I thought it said “Dews quit”. Yes, I did clean my glasses earlier this morning.

That is a beautiful quilt and quite an ambitious first project with that machine. I like the colors and patterns. Your daughter did a great job. Dew did too, by the way.

Mom made a lot of quilts. Dad worked at a shirt factory and would bring home boxes of fabric cut-offs, the scraps. Mom used those for her quilts. She pieced them by machine but hand-quilted them using a frame Dad hung from the living room ceiling. The ones she did by herself were really well-made but sometimes the kids helped. It was a winter project. When we got home from school and we didn’t have anything to do outside after chores were done the kids would help hand-quilt those. My sections were never pretty but I learned to sew on buttons and patches and I have made a few things sewing.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great looking quilt ! I have 3 granddaughters , so to continue to practice, please have Drew sew each of them one and send them before this Friday as it is Audra's ( my Up tommy gist [Optometrist] ) 4th birthday. :cool:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Nicely done! I presume she has had some sewing experience, prior to this? Please say "yes" or I will feel really stupid!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lesa..... sorry to burst your bubble, but I have NO experience what so ever!!!! I didnt even know how to thread that darn thing! :hu Dont feel stupid. It's a learning experience! Her is one I'm working on now for my granddaughter's birthday.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too late! Well you certainly took to that, like a pro! I don't see a pic of the new one?

Latest posts