Diy Trash to Treasure redo thread

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
I'm always redoing something, changing its purpose, or just trying to upcycle what I can. So I decided to make a thread for this, there could possibly be one already, but as I am fairly new to TEG I'm not sure.....anyhow, it seems like I'm doing something new every week atleast so I decided to post some of my projects, & hopefully see some of yalls too!!

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg
Old heavy metal Chiminea

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpg
This will be my next project.
It's a door off an old armoire, I got a new mirror to put in & I'm thinking of a simple whitewash...still not completely sure of that yet though.... It will be put hanging on my back patio when it's done I think.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's one of mine, cupboard space in my kitchen is at a premium so thought buy a pot rack for the pots and free up some room in the cupboards.
Sooooo, I went shopping I could hardly believe what they were asking for hanging pot racks, 300 to 500 dollars, gulp!!! Needless to say I came home empty handed.
Then the light bulb came on and went scurrying down the basement where some metal shelves were. Took the top shelf off, 4 wooden balls from the hobby shop painted black, some black chain and some screw eyes and bingo I had a pot rack:).
DSCN0474.JPG
What to do with the rest of the shelves, cut them down a bit, got hubby to cut a piece of wood to cover the top shelf, it fits over the four posts so it wouldn't slide off, 4 more balls with wine corks glued on them, these fit inside the four posts. These particular shelves you can position at any height you want them. I put a black pebbletone finish on the wood and now I have a place for the coffee pot, cleared up some more counter space and a couple of shelves for more stuff:celebrate.
DSCN0481.JPG
Third shelf down is covered with a piece of plexiglass with some black mactac on to cover up the junk in the baskets. Since I already had the shelves, the wood and the plexiglass I got all this for the price of 8 wooden balls, 4 screw eyes, some chain, a bit of paint and a roll of mactack:).

Annette

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Love it! Fantastic idea, because yes they are so super expensive!
Wish I could use that idea at my house but I don't think I would have a place in my kitchen to hang it! I despise bending down into the bottom cabinets digging for pots, that would be so much nicer!
You did a great job, & I love thinking outside the box!