Do you have a favorite plant in your garden?

Blueberry Acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i love some of the delicate woodland flowers and they can be out only for a few days and then gone.

this picture is from years ago when i took three pictures and then edited them together.

p4190029_Spring_Beauty_thm.jpg
I love how in the Anne of Green Gables books she says something about how she loves the flowers that only have a few days to live and put on the most beautiful show they can. These flowers remind me of that.

FrannyNZooey

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love it! I had never seen that plant before.

Same with me!

I really love Lindheimer's Beeblossom (aka Gaura flowers) also because it's so delicate and beautiful in such a fragile sort of way. It comes in white and pink, white is my favorite.
gaura-grace-haze.-684x1024.jpg
78b2bd348e259875082dbb953b22a17b.jpg

(Not my photos)
Beautiful! The white ones are quite nice. I like the contrast of the white petals, the bits of pink and the green stems.

FrannyNZooey

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
View attachment 59549
Bok choy and other Asian Greens have probably made the most beneficial contribution to my diet. Perhaps my favorite green isn't likely to be green, at all. That's Baby Beets -- tasty. Greens tend to be falling into short supply this time of year and I do take very special joy in the Cucumber, Sweetcorn, Tomato, and Melon Time of the Year. Oh, Yes!

This is my favorite herbal tea herb -- Lemon Verbena.

View attachment 59548
Really, it is the only herb that I like by itself but, especially, with Anise Hyssop. Perhaps, there are other licorice flavored herbs that it would go well with but with only these 2 plants, I don't have enough to experiment with and the commercially available dried Lemon Verbena is a far cry from the fresh.

Steve
Those are gorgeous greens! Make me want to do a sauté right now!

Latest posts