First tomato plant in the garden

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just put my 10 tomatoes in the ground yesterday. I'm worried I'm late, particularly since we not only skipped winter this year, but also spring, apparently. It's been in the 80s for the last few days, tho it is staying pretty cool (high 60s-low 70s) at night.

I even went slug-hunting this evening, 'cuz I was so worried about the wee plants. Last year I lost a few to slugs. They just ... disappeared overnight.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I havent even started mine yet being in the Northeast...we have had unusully warm weather but I have known it to snow on Easter and even later into May so I cannot rush into planting seeds...even though I am chomping at the bit... I can start my cole crops this week though...Spring starts this week!!!!!!!!!Woohooo:weee

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I will dare one hidden tomato plant in my garden again this year. Have to keep it hidden from the gophers! Won't be planted until May 1st though, give or take.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here is an updated picture from this week. It's doing really well, and even has a couple of tiny tomatoes on it.

8829_sam_0730.jpg

8829_sam_0806.jpg

Latest posts