For those of you who REALLY need a dirt fix

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i wonder if they read that article about mud pies and how kids that eat them are healthier than those that never played in the dirt! :lol:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, kinda crazy- but kinda not... There is research showing that one of the reasons for increased prostate cancer is a selenium deficiency. Well, selenium is in the soil. The fact that the only veggies most Americans eat- have been scrubbed, bleached, irradiated, etc. means the average person isn't ingesting any dirt at all. They maybe onto something- but I highly doubt the idea is going to make any restaurant rich! I prefer to get my dirt off my homegrown veggies!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had some sunny days and I got my dirt fix. Don't need icky "dirt food". It just goes to show ya' some people will buy anything if it has a high enough price on it.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
People will eat anything if someone tells them their god told them to, or is considered healthy or will cure illness.
It's just volcanic ash, no big deal. I'm sure many people here have eaten some soil they work with over the years. It's not that gross or weird at all.

Latest posts