Gadget for the greenhouse

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found this gadget at Home Depot and thought it ideal for the greenhouse. It is a remote control that is designed to be used outdoors and works from a distance of eighty feet. I am currently using it for the circulation fan, but may use it for the heater when I actually open the greenhouse. The cost was under fifteen dollars locally.
Jack

remote.jpg

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was showing my husband your a lot of your post. He was impressed, I am still hoping for a greenhouse soon. I think that helped. I was also showing him the hydroponics. I think he is interested, maybe when he retires next year. He'll love the gadget thing.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
I was showing my husband your a lot of your post. He was impressed, I am still hoping for a greenhouse soon. I think that helped. I was also showing him the hydroponics. I think he is interested, maybe when he retires next year. He'll love the gadget thing.
Actually, it was my wife who wanted to try hydroponics and bought an Aerogarden. I was just to cheap too pay twenty bucks for a half dozen seeds, so I started researching a less expensive alternative, and got hooked.:rolleyes:

brandylorton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
That is a very nice thing as the remote is working from a distance of 80 feet and it is for the green house system. It will be nice that you have the green house system and will be very much helpful.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Won't you want the heater on a thermostatically controlled switch?
jackb said:
I found this gadget at Home Depot and thought it ideal for the greenhouse. It is a remote control that is designed to be used outdoors and works from a distance of eighty feet. I am currently using it for the circulation fan, but may use it for the heater when I actually open the greenhouse. The cost was under fifteen dollars locally.
Jack

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp121/hydrogardener/remote.jpg

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The heater has a built in thermostat, which operates automatically. If the night temperature is forecast to be 45 degrees, or below, I apply power to the heater, other than that I don't. The heater is the the white unit on the floor.

514t.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts