Garden Photos, Everyone Post Some

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some photos of my garden today.

I'm hoping folks will post photos of their gardens each day here!
This is from the back of my garden
showing the back extension.

9018_100_3233.jpg

Just planted seeds

9018_100_3209.jpg

One of the Grapes in the front

9018_100_3210.jpg

Seed to soil, labeled with stake and Sharpie pen
These photos in my computer count also as
digital photographic labeling

9018_100_3212.jpg

I won't post them all right now, but as they sprout and grow

9018_100_3215.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
A better view of the new rear extension

9018_100_3230.jpg

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cool it looks so neat and tidy, not a weed in sight and pretty dirt. I will try and add a pic or two from my garden later, but forewarning mine is not as tidy or weed free. Maybe if I take macros you won't be able to see the lack of tidiness! lol

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, I need to fence in better on mine! I bet you are vermin free, I need better protection for sure. Even my own ducks have access and get whatever their little webbed feet can get them too. Argh!

Love the raised beds too!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I miss the Calfornia weather! We are in the high desert of SEOregon and get very little rain here, but plenty of cold. When we moved here, the space between the house and corrals was just a huge dirt lot full of goat head stickers and nasty thistle, which I still battle, but I am slowly making progress in turning it into a yard. We fenced in the side for the veggies this year, although I will still be scattering things throughout the flower garden too, I suspect.

Here's the humble beginnings. The big square things are raised beds that hold my strawberries and a couple other things. I need to figure out how to camouflage them, or paint them...

IMG_1388.jpg

here is one of the archways I bought vines for, that is the entrance to the veggie garden and there will be a walkway to the shed with flowers and shrubs on either side

IMG_1403.jpg

and then the blank slate of the veggie garden with the new apricot tree on the outside. The outside fence will be flanked with flowers, etc. :tools

IMG_1435.jpg

It all looks a little distressing right now, but I am hoping it eventually comes close to matching what is in my mind's eye!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not distressing, peteyfoozer! It looks full of promise, like a carefully prepared canvas, ready for the Artist to do His work!:coolsun

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
well, thank you. I sure do like the look of the soil and what looks like it might be some mulch in marshallsmyth's garden! not to mention the raised beds . :)

I intend to constantly peruse and pick brains on this forum and make this place do my bidding! LOL After spending 20 years at my house in California, getting it just right, it's a bit overwhelming to begin again! :)

CuteChick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
nice pictures! I will post some of my pictures as soon as a take them :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Petey, that doesn't look distressing to me, either! Here's a little fairy dust
012.gif
for those who might not see what we are seeing!

I don't know that you need to paint the "square things." You know, the color of living green things is preferable to all other colors in a garden, IMO.

Everyone can see my dirt on another thread so . . . here are some of my tomatoes, on their Very First Day Outside:

DSC00437.JPG

They will be going back in, maybe even before the day is out. In the picture, they have been out for about 5 minutes in my "Sweet Spot" in the backyard. They will have about 2 hours of early morning sun and then shade & sunlight filtered thru a tree that hasn't yet leafed-out. They will probably have to spend the next 3 or 4 days indoors as our weather deteriorates. It will be several more weeks before the tomatoes can go out in the open garden.

The ones nearest the camera are Ildi. That's a real nice little yellow grape/pear. The plants are much smaller than Yellow Pear but produce lots of fruit thru the season. Some of my "mystery" tomatoes are behind them - potato-leaf. I've become nearly convinced that they are a mother strain to Early Girl. Like any mystery, I'm very curious about them but cautious. The fruit seemed all but identical to Early Girl (& very early) but the plant was kind of puny last year. The seed came in a packet of Early Girl seed and the only other potato-leaf varieties that seed company sells is Stupice. I've grown Stupice and that's not what it is . . . so, "contamination" probably occurred when the tomatoes were harvested at the hybridizer.

Twenty plus varieties beside Ildi & Mystery Girl . . . :)

Steve

Latest posts