Gardening with children

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try some Dora the explorer gardening gloves. Pink of course.
strantor said:
I will look into getting some sunflowers, that's a good idea. Maybe will get her more interested. The thing is, she's a "prissy" girl and I don't know if she is ever going to warm up to the idea of getting dirt on her hands. It's pretty extreme too, like she won't walk across the grass in sandals because bugs might touch her feet, and she won't pet dogs because she believes that they're inherently disgusting, even fresh out of the bath. She's my stepdaughter and she grew up without a dad until last year; I'm hoping its not too late for me to influence some tomboy into her.:)

strantor

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
Try some Dora the explorer gardening gloves. Pink of course.
Hahaha! that might just be the ticket!

I will definately give that a shot!:lol:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
And then there's always special pink gardening sneakers/crocks whatever. One of the first things I grew my self were pumpkins. They were lost in weeds until the fall when these gorgeous orange fruit showed themselves. I will never forget that joy in finding them.

mabsonjackson

Sprout
Reaction score
I so acknowledge with all of the content. I show natural farming to my kids and I observe they eat their fresh vegetables better!

AdamBorzy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just love the peace and quiet to see what is starting to grow from seed and whats starting to flower and fruit.
but really love to watch kids doing their own kinda thing in the veggie garden though it just gets louder and louder whenever theyre out :lol:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Strantor, How's the gardening with your daughter going? If the issue is bugs, you might try piquing her interest with a kids' book on bugs, or catching fireflies, or learning about butterflies, etc. Hopefully she will get past that fear.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandson Gavin helping on the farm.
7100_gavin_with_wheelbarrow.jpg

7100_gain_with_w_2.jpg

7100_gavin_and_rascal.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac Gavin is such a sweet little man. he sure looks all business with his load of hay. :)

Latest posts