Getting a Green house

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Can you see me turning green with envy? Really, it's me, turning green. But so happy for you, too.
Well I love the color green so it's fine. I have been planning this for over two years so I know how you feel. Ordering the pots today was like the "OK I have a greenhouse and know how to use it" moment. I ordered several greenhouse veggies already and just waiting to get it closed up and heating the soil.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Make sure you have a little space in there for you to bask in the warmth. Oh! How about a rocking chair? :D

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Make sure you have a little space in there for you to bask in the warmth. Oh! How about a rocking chair? :D
I already told my daughter Eve we were going to have a picnic in there on the first sunny warm day. :coolsun

Then I make her help me carry all my PVC pipes and stuff in there. LOL

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congrats on the greenhouse HD - I also have the same from Harbor Freight. I didn't seal my panels in, but I diid buy extra clips because it really didn't come with enough. Last weekend we had unusually high winds and it blew only 2 panels out. I do love my little greenhouse, but wish I had bought the big one! :/

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
Greenhouse is coming along. We have to finish the door and puttin the two panels in the roof where the vents go. We just put the Polycarb panels in today and I have a question.... did anyone seal them in? Smart Red said she didn't seal them so do most people seal them to extend to life of the panels and greenhouse
I didn't seal mine in because of where it is, way too high for me to get to all the panels with sealant.
Since my last post in this thread, we've had a big wind and I had one panel blow out. I've lost panels before and was always able to put them back in place and go on about my business. Not this time, I could only fine about 1/4 of the panel!!!
I cut a new one out of some sheet alum. and installed it, since it's on the north side roof I won't loose any light.
It must have been a heck of a wind as it left 8 of the 10 clips in place and pulled the panel right out from under them.

THANX RICH

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
Congrats on the greenhouse HD - I also have the same from Harbor Freight. I didn't seal my panels in, but I diid buy extra clips because it really didn't come with enough. Last weekend we had unusually high winds and it blew only 2 panels out. I do love my little greenhouse, but wish I had bought the big one! :/
Where did you get your extra clips? I have been looking for some because I have read other people say that they used extra clips and I would rather not be picking up panels from the fields every other day.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
On the instructions that came with the greenhouse, there is a part number for the clips. Call Harbor Freight and give them the part number and they will ship them to you. I bought 2 packs of them to have extras.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Green house is up and running. Yeahhhhhh. My son finiished it up today. I didn't have lots of time to fiddle in it today but I started two flats of spanish onions and they are in there. I potted thirteen Money Maker Tomatoes I started a couple of weeks ago. I will probably have to bring them back in the house but it was in the 60's outside today and I new they would be OK for the next day or so. We are expected a big wind storm tonight or first thing in the morning so I will get to see how it holds up to the Ohio valley.

Latest posts