Heat It Is

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Listening to me whine about cool springs probably makes you think I'm either gardening high in the clouds or over, hugging the cold Pacific Ocean.

Well, for the 2nd time this month, it was above 90°f (32°C) and it's 67° (19°C) right now at 4am. The Weather Service says that there will be only 1 afternoon this week when the thermometer doesn't show 90°. That will be Thursday when it should be a nice cool 89°. Ha! I'm wondering if triple digitS are on the horizon for next week.

Thankfully, this wasn't sudden - despite whatever news you seemed to be getting from me. Sure, most plants are coming out of June shivering and stunted but it was supposed to be a slightly warmer than normal junuary and there were some 80's last week. (That afternoon high of 52° 2 weeks ago is just a distant memory.)

I take the heat fairly well. I've only lost 3# so far this year but have moved up 1 notch on my belt. Fortunately, I can be indoors or in the shade during the hottest part of the afternoons. Maybe, just maybe, you won't hear me complaining about the heat.

:)Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
gonna be 100 here tomorrow....
sSa_falltopieces.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet that's going to be tough, @canesisters ! Try to find the shade and some coolness so you don't
ssa_falltopieces-gif.3426
!

I'm hoping not to have any summer days that can compete with your humidity. Let's see, our 6pm humidity yesterday was 20%.

The sprinklers are running in the yard but there are advantages to have so little summer rain.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now the 'weather center' in the scale says that it's 74 outside (7:50am) and 88% humidity. <gasp> Gonna go break off another hunk of air to chew on for a while..... LOL - But that's summer in Va. It's days like this that make me SO glad that I don't have to spend all day out in the heat anymore.
I'm setting up the timer this afternoon to mist the chicken coop every afternoon at 2:00. I lost a hen last week for no apparent reason. All I can figure is that it must have been the heat.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, if Steve won't complain about the heat this week, I will!
:hit
It's gonna be hot, and I don't want to think about triple digits.

I guess it's just pack a lot of ice water and wear the danged hat.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was cooler, seemed less humid, and with a breeze was pretty pleasant. I probably only sweated out 1 gallon. Unlike Tuesday when no matter how much I drank it never reached my bladder.
:oops:

Was that TMI?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was cooler, seemed less humid, and with a breeze was pretty pleasant. I probably only sweated out 1 gallon. Unlike Tuesday when no matter how much I drank it never reached my bladder.
:oops:

Was that TMI?
Nah, just saved you time of having to stop for potty breaks. :lol: You should have got a lot of work done.......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Southeast Washington State may hit triple digitS before southeast Texas?? Whoa. I wouldn't have expected that!

The Weather Service is predicting that Walla Walla and lots of communities will be above 100° Saturday and stay with those highs into next week.

I like to keep track of Connell's weather because about 6 hours later, it shows up here. Connell will be 104° Monday afternoon, the WS says.

Steve
who once passed through a freezing cold Tyler, TX.

Latest posts