Hello from Oklahoma!

zanygal89

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello! I'm very new! I haven't even planted anything yet! I have acquired a pecan tree, a catalpa tree, lots of dandelions, and a very relentless morning glory taking over my fence! I've been learning proper care for those and I'm hoping to get a good harvest from the pecan this year. My goal is to grow things our family can make use of from plant, bush, tree and even flower. I'm excited to learn and to get to know the community!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from the San Francisco bay area. Do you plan on getting chickens? They are a wonderful addition to have. I have 4 hens and quite a number of fruit trees and veggies in my small city garden lot.

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That "morning glory" is probably bindweed.
Get your gloves out, pull it off and either burn it or throw it in the trash. If you throw it on your grass it will reroot itself.
Get your spade, a good chair and start digging. You may be able to dig far enough to get most/all of the roots.
I did that a few years ago behind my garage, and I haven't seen it since THERE.
It lives other places on my property.

zanygal89

Sprout
Reaction score
Welcome from the San Francisco bay area. Do you plan on getting chickens? They are a wonderful addition to have. I have 4 hens and quite a number of fruit trees and veggies in my small city garden lot.

Mary
Thank you! Yes we plan on getting them! That sounds really lovely. Definitely would love some fruit trees too!