Hello from Southern California!

Desertvalleygarden

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from the San Francisco bay area where I could garden year round but don't. After the harvest and canning all I plant in the fall is snow peas and sugar snap peas.

Mary
Thanks!
Welcome from British Columbia! I am curious to know what kind of things are you growing in the Mohave Desert. Prickly pear perhaps?
Thank you! Yep, we have prickly pears! Fruit and pads can be eaten. I personally grow many vegetables like beans, peas, okra (especially), tomatoes, corn and others. I also have fruit trees that did quite well earlier this year, such as apricots and pluots. In winter I mostly plant hardy leafy greens like kale.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello! I am a gardener that is getting ready for next year's planting season. I am from the Mojave Desert of Southern California!
Looks like you are almost exactly in the middle between Las Vegas and the West Coast of CA! I lived in Northern CA for 20 years. Never thought I'd leave! Then I became a sailor!

Desertvalleygarden

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas where it’s forest and grasslands. Every so often we have a drought and 100+ degrees for a month or two or three like this past summer. God Bless the soul who invented air conditioning!
I know how it is! Last summer there were highs of 117 degrees at my place. Killed some of my crops and one of my chickens. :hit

Latest posts