Highjacked Threads Fun or Bad

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometime a thread gets highjacked and goes somewhere unrelated to the OP . Do you think a new thread should be started, or just go with the flow. I like them, think they can be a lot of fun, what do you think ? Do you mind if a thread you start gets highjacked?

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it's just chatting and goofing around, I don't mind it going wherever it wants to go. But if it's something more technical, I think it makes it nicer to search for info on here if you separate the two topics.

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far, no one has complained about us going off-topic so much, but it probably is pretty frustrating to anyone coming here for information. Maybe we should be more conscious of sticking to the topic. I admit I am as bad as anyone about wandering off the subject. Oh look, a squirrel!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky and @journey11 have made some good points. I don't mind if a thread goes off topic. I seldom think of threads as belonging to someone or being hijacked and I know I've unwittingly hijacked a thread or two and I've redirected a hijacked thread back on track a few times.

It isn't a problem for me because I read every new post, but I can see that we may be confusing those poor robots to the point of mayhem.

I imagine we can each resolve to do a better job of keeping to the topic. Then we can go off topic with the warmest of friendly intentions from time to time.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
been guilty of going off thread as well having a few of my threads jacked..no harm
just a suggestion while starting a thread post serious replies only in the title...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, speaking of fun do you know what I did today? No? Well, I finally got that truck bed full of leaves emptied out in the garden and cut down the remaining clematis vines. Then I brushed the littlehorse and littlemule and took them or a jog around the neighborhood (they jog, I ride the quad ). Played ball with the dogs, winterized an iffy perennial I shouldn't have bought.....oh....what were we talking about?

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The fact that people on here are so friendly and easy going is what makes this forum great. I have NEVER seen a mean spirited "hijack" and "hijacked" threads usually end up being fun and usually bring up unexpected information that nobody would have thought to put up in a thread. I admire the way people just go with the flow and keep things entertaining and friendly on here. It is what separates this forum from all the other forums I have been on. I have left four forums because I am sick of all the drama and hostility that seems to take over other forums. ( I am never involved, just a watcher.)

Latest posts