How Good is Your Canadian?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom, that's why I gave up the computer at the house. I could brew a cup of coffee, check on the dogs, come back and STILL not have the first page of facebook loaded. I get spotty coverage using the phone - which is better .... but can only rarely get into BYC and TEG to comment on things.
I still poke in and read what's going on with everyone though.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
8/10 (I got loonie, since I'm a coin collector).

That reminds me of something that happened in college. I was (and still am) A big fan of taped radio shows and am especially fond of the stuff post golden age (i.e. the stuff from after when radio was the dominant entertainment form, pre television) which means there is a lot of stuff I particularly liked from CBC (which sometimes functions like a good cross between our NPR and Britain's BBC in how it works). A lot was horror/ weird tales (Nightfall and Vanishing Point were two faves of mine) But I also had a soft spot for a show called The Dead Dog Comedy Hour created by some First Nations Canadians. I thought it was hilarious (if a little un PC). But it took me years to get up the courage and actually ask someone what the word Mati (which they used a lot) actually meant (it turns out it means a person of mixed Native and non Native ancestry)

Signing off, Pulsegleaner aka "Romeo Lounging Pulpmill" (Native name wheel from the shows site)

Latest posts