freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Black truck; 80* outside.

ZZ.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, eat them. The oil in the Reese's filling should replace any cocoa butter lost to the melting.

Some years ago, I left a bar of a VERY expensive ($10 per 100g) Sicilian unconched chocolate on my radiator by accident (I'm not 100% sure but it think "unconched" means the chocolate was never heated enough to melt it, so the bat has a crumby texture from the sugar. If you've ever tried to eat one of those "hockey pucks" Spanish and South American people use for making their hot chocolate (like Ibarra) that's unconched chocolate as well . When I realized my mistake the bar still looked as it had (except the wrapper was a bit greasy) so I bit into it. I then discovered that unlike normal chocolate, chocolate that is unconched doesn't so much melt as "bake". every last drop of cocoa butter had drained out, leaving a dry husk of a bar.

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, eat them. The oil in the Reese's filling should replace any cocoa butter lost to the melting.

Some years ago, I left a bar of a VERY expensive ($10 per 100g) Sicilian unconched chocolate on my radiator by accident (I'm not 100% sure but it think "unconched" means the chocolate was never heated enough to melt it, so the bat has a crumby texture from the sugar. If you've ever tried to eat one of those "hockey pucks" Spanish and South American people use for making their hot chocolate (like Ibarra) that's unconched chocolate as well . When I realized my mistake the bar still looked as it had (except the wrapper was a bit greasy) so I bit into it. I then discovered that unlike normal chocolate, chocolate that is unconched doesn't so much melt as "bake". every last drop of cocoa butter had drained out, leaving a dry husk of a bar.
I'm a little slow responding this week. I got sick 3 days ago, and I've been running 700 miles a day. At the end of the day, I've been going to bed as soon as I could.

I put the "AGAIN" in the title because I have left all kinds of candy bars in my truck all summer. I've ate more melted candy this summer than fresh ones.

I've tried a few different fancy/expensive candies. I've come to the conclusion that the more candy costs, the worse it tastes.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've tried a few different fancy/expensive candies. I've come to the conclusion that the more candy costs, the worse it tastes.

I'd say that is determined on a confection by confection basis. Certainly a high price tag is guarantee of quality. On the other hand a lot of really cheap candy tastes just that, really cheap. As with everything else, price is (or should be) only one component of the decision. The real question is always "is it worth it?"