Inexpensive Seed for Lots of Herbs?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The best deal I've seen on inexpensive seed for lots of herb varieties is Le Jardin du Gourmet. They have an offer of 50 different herb varieties for a not to bad price. No choice of varieties there, but you can order other herb seeds from their website. The packets are small and some varieties have few seeds, but it is a good way to get started with many kinds cheaply.

I have ordered from them in the past with no problems.

Dave2000

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I plead ignorance regarding the categories on this forum, but on one hot pepper forum I hang out on, people are giving away seeds all the time, at most asking for postage paid or a trade. There's a separate subforum to do just that.

Does easygarden not have an area where people can offer or ask for seed? I don't grow the variety that most people do but I throw away >95% of my (grown) seed every year, though in recent years I became enlightened that seed is a good source of magnesium to refortify the soil I reuse so I really mean I toss seed into a bucket with (whatever), let it sprout and sprouts die and it all gets composted, IF I am motivated enough to separate it out instead of trash or the longer term general compost heap, but I don't think that dirt would mind if a few hundred or more seeds ended up somewhere else. ;)

Anyway it just seems like we have a highly diverse group of growers here and could share seed if we put our minds to it... and the plus side is you have a fellow forum member who has 1st hand experience growing the plant that made the seed.

Last edited:

Latest posts