It's official, I'm a real tractor chick!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats! There are days when I'm likely to agree that getting a [new] tractor is equal to seeing a sonogram of an anticipated grand. Getting one that fits you and your needs is nearly priceless.

Yes, yes! Pics a.s.a.p.! Go for one taken by spouse with you on the Farmall.
What goodies came with the tractor? Often that's the best part of getting a tractor.

I carried gas and lead-treatment out to our tractor today (son ran out yesterday in the back 40) only to find I don't even know where the gas goes! Couldn't take a chance on mixing gas in the radiator or oil, so I left my only gas can down on the tractor. Sigh!

How do I till a new garden bed around the garden shed or mow the front lawn so I can apply fertilizer after tomorrow's rain with no can for gas?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I for one need a picture. I have no idea what you're talking about. :D ;) Ok, maybe I do a little bit. I do know what a tractor looks like. What color is it? Or are they all red. ;) I think I would LOVE a fushia tractor!!!! :thumbsup

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is not mine, but it looks like this.

lookingforcub.jpg

And here's one for you Mary, almost fuschia!

102513_KentuckyFarmers_1951FarmallCub.JPG

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice something about classic cars and tractors!!! In one of the outbuilding I found a small riding mower. Friend and I dragged it up to my driveway, it was too rusted to save, I gave the landscaper some money to haul to dump. He forgot, one day got unsigned letter in mailbox about eyesore in my driveway. I had to go to paint store that day, when I walked in 1st thing I saw was clearance table, neon pink spray paint $1 a can. i painted mower neon pink and left it in driveway for a week before hauling to dump.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice something about classic cars and tractors!!! In one of the outbuilding I found a small riding mower. Friend and I dragged it up to my driveway, it was too rusted to save, I gave the landscaper some money to haul to dump. He forgot, one day got unsigned letter in mailbox about eyesore in my driveway. I had to go to paint store that day, when I walked in 1st thing I saw was clearance table, neon pink spray paint $1 a can. i painted mower neon pink and left it in driveway for a week before hauling to dump.
Oh you are stinker! ;)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was still in the driveway, but no longer an eyesore with it's fresh coat of paint. I really dislike unsigned letters. If you can't post your name, your convictions are not worth much.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom around these parts GREEN tractors are all the rage! There is club for John Deere tractor enthusiast and a big show each summer for refurbished Antique tractors. Always fun. Any make and model of tractor is welcome. DH took his Ford one summer when he had just started to work on it. Still looks the same all these years later! But it does run. And that is what counts.Right!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful to have around for all sorts of things!

... What goodies came with the tractor? Often that's the best part of getting a tractor...
That's right. There is another good thing about implements. The tractor has a very low gear ratio. Those big rear wheels can lift the front end off the ground. A scraper blade or plow attached is safer. Maybe not as safe as a canopy with a strong rollbar but, better than nothing.

Steve

Latest posts