Just Showing Off... (Ducks)

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just wanted to show some of the new duck breeds that we've recently managed to get our hands on.

poultry 012.JPG

Welsh Harlequin. Just got them from a Craigslist purchase. (Male with green head, three females, and apparently a transvestite duck to the far right that is barely even in the picture.)

poultry 003.JPG

Saxony. Very rare breed bred in Germany shortly before and after WWII. (Males with gray heads, two females in front). They are very active, great layers, and taste great themselves.

poultry 008.JPG

Black East Indie. Actually a bantam breed originating in America. Solid black male to the right and a very old female to the left (the white feathers in this breed of duck is sort of like gray hair in humans, comes with age). I know, not a great picture, might try to get a better one after the rain is over.

We also have both Peking and Muscovy ducks - 5 breeds so far!

@baymule how are your ducks doing? (If they aren't long digested.) Did you get your Muscovies yet?

Anyone else a duck keeper? I'd love to see yours!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My sister actually just got those from a guy at this year's county fair for free. She's planning on breeding them to sell and is already letting them make their nests and go broody, despite the fact that winter is on it's way. Depending on how many my sister hatches and when they hatch, she might have some available in spring if you're interested. By that time they might not be ducklings anymore, can't ship baby bantam ducks in the middle of winter though!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still have the three runner ducks, but with the upcoming move, I think i'll be getting rid of them. I want muscovies in the spring. Your sister made one heckuva deal! Nice duckies!

Latest posts