MY hot Compost Pile!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rio, it's so good to see you back! I hope you stay this time. :)

It's like riding a bicycle, it'll come back to you.

Mary

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
gosh, you've sure got the compost thing down pat. congrats.
I've got a big pile of various "stuff". I watered it well yesterday for the first time in awhile. not particularly eager to put my hand in that pile of 'stuff'. it's my first year to really have manure available. I've got goat & chicken, plus the other 'stuff'.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy Rio. :frow

I'm one of the new ones. I reopened this thread a few months ago. It's a great one.

Cane can tell you about Mt. Rotmore

:lol:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
BJ! Don't put your hand in it! :sick
Use a pitch fork, or a shovel, or a long kitchen spoon, or a stick.

Ha ha, Mt. Rotmore. :p Right now Rotmore is a terribly overgrown tangle of dead garden and weeds. I'm hoping to get in there sometime this week and weedeat it all down, remove the fence and posts, and pile it back up till next spring. HEY! Would that count towards the weeding contest?? If I turn a 15' circle of waist high weeds into a compost pile? :p
I haven't been up for much yard work the last couple of weeks but Saturday I finally got the back mowed. The grass had gotten so high that my mower protested the whole time and threatened to bog down and cut off a couple of times. Sunday I raked all the little rows of clippings into piles and yesterday I added them to 'mini-Rotmore'.
12 wheelbarrows full! T.W.E.L.V.E. !! :celebrate

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Cane, you're leaps and bounds ahead of me in the weed pulling contest! Yesterday while I was picking Beans in the row section that has the Burgundy Kidney, Tennessee Green Pod, Swedish Brown, and Senate Soup Navy Beans in it, I found one relatively large unknown to me but common weedy plant growing happily in disguise right next to a big happy Burgundy Kidney plant. Biggest weed yet to get by me, not counting that whatever it is that pretended to be a long lost Dahlia.

I'm sure glad to see that Rio has returned. Boggybranch came back a month or so ago. I really hope that several more of the old posters come back.

Latest posts