Name This Tomato!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wrote Woodle Minor :)rolleyes:) on the envelope of newly saved seed. For about 5 years I grew it, originally from seeds that were a gift from another gardener. That envelope said Woodle Orange. None of the fruit fit the catalog descriptions of one pound and none were orange. Usually, they have been about 4ounces and even smaller.

Finally, the recessive orange came through for one plant in 2014! Obviously, the original seeds were from a cross with a smaller red tomato.

What would be a good name? Woodle must be a family name but I think it's cute because it's a little tomato from a fairly small plant. I want to use either Woodle or Little in the name. Warning! It should be tasteful! @sumi has given me permission to delete names right out of your post that are not!!

I'm kidding ...

IMG_20140824_062500_kindlephoto-17595399_zpsgma9bvnh.jpg

Your ideas, please!

:) Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want to use either Woodle or Little in the name. Warning! It should be tasteful! @sumi has given me permission to delete names right out of your post that are not!!

I'm kidding ...

IMG_20140824_062500_kindlephoto-17595399_zpsgma9bvnh.jpg

Now how can I determine tasteful without a taste? How about a bit of alliteration and go with Woodle's Wonder. Woodle's Little Wonder might be lowering the expectations for this tomato's size.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, the crackers went well with my kale and bean soup. So did the tomato :).

Remember, it needs a "Little" or a "Woodle" in its name ...

Altho' , everything is better when it sits on a Ritz.

Latest posts