One of those "now why didn't I think of that" moments...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
No way! (smacks forehead) When I started watching it, I thought he was going to smush the grapes. What a brilliant idea! I sure will remember that for sure. Thanks for posting for all of us un-brilliant-old-fashioned-grape-cutter-in-halfers!!! :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you seen the one where they shuck the corn by cutting the end off? Well I tried it and it didn't work.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's brilliant!
Now Mary needs to post a youtube of her failing to shuck corn by cutting the end off.
Journey, my dh wants to know if it will work with cantaloupes....
(to start with I don't have a plate big enough...)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why would you need to cut a grape in half?
I use grape halves in my chicken salad.
Recipe--because I know someone will ask

Rooster Salad (because of ordering straight run chicks)

Boil (simmer) one dead rooster, preferably cleaned, all afternoon until meat falls from bone.
Debone the meat, toss bones to dogs that are drooling all over the kitchen floor, watching your every move with intent stare.
Cut the meat into bite size pieces, or for ya'll that barely chew and wolf it down like the dogs do, half bite size pieces.
Chop 2 stalks of celery.
1/2 cup chopped pecans or your favorite nuts.
1/2 pound seedless grapes, cut in half.
A glop or two of mayonaise, just enough to hold it all together.
Chill and serve.
It's yummy on speciality type crackers.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you seen the one where they shuck the corn by cutting the end off? Well I tried it and it didn't work.

Mary
Works for me. Really fast too! Better if you do this outside, it makes a mess. Get a cutting board, sharp heavy knife or cleaver, bag or something to drop shucks in. I feel the tip of the corn, so I can cut off the tip of the ear, then CHOP! Switch ends, feel the stem end for where the corn kernels start, CHOP! Switch ends, grasp shucks and silks and pull. Go around the corn cob, pulling shucks and silks, done! I usually have 100+ ears to do at a time. I make cream corn and freeze corn on a cob.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm learning all kinds of things today! :D

Yeah, I thought he was going to smash them too. I actually saw a different video that said to smash cherry tomatoes to halve them and I thought that was just plain crazy. o_O I will have to try the corn thing too.

Latest posts