journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Is it okay to also wonder . .

. what she would taste like . .

. roasted under shallots & rosemary?

Steve
funny how that thought didn't occur to me at all while looking at Wendy's salamander . . .
LOL, or moose-jerky! :drool I've had elk before...and it was really good, even better than venison.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a sight! I am glad you enjoy seeing them... after the pepper incident- I wouldn't blame you for chasing them with a broom! Such a majestic creature!

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Foodie talk aside, Thistle you are truly blessed with having such wonderful wildlife at your front door. :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I sure hope she tastes good she'd feed a lot of mouths.

That's super cool that you get them as visitors.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love to see animals in the wild. That picture makes you want to have a cup of tea, a good book by the fireplace, and glance up every so often.

Mary

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Seems like weird things always happen to me. I used to get a buck every deer season and if there was a doe season I'd get one of those also; but the last time I hunted them was on Jackass Flats in Nevada. I shot a young doe for the table and as I walked over to bleed her out , someone (or something) said in my ear, plain as day,"That's your last one". I haven't hunted a deer since. I don't feel that I was wrong hunting before that but it would be wrong for me now.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a beautiful sight! I never get tired of watching wildlife. We have a buck (deer) around here that graces us with his pressence once in a while. He has lived in this area for a very long time and is humongous. I haven't counted how many points he has, but every time I see him I am reminded of the scene in Bambi where his dad is standing majestically. . . Anyway, everyone around here knows not to shoot him, so he should live to a ripe old age.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
This mama moose was browsing on buck brush just a few minutes ago when my husband looked out the living room window and spotted her.
"Hmm, there's a moose out front." he says.

I just love these gigantic herbivores!

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7504_december_2012_moose_006.jpg

She took a few more steps and discovered the hips still at the top of the rugosas.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7504_december_2012_moose_024.jpg

Isn't she wonderful?

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7504_december_2012_moose_031.jpg
OK Thistlebloom, I am jealous! She is beautiful!!! :love

Latest posts