People that just can't take a hint!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
*sigh*

I'm part of a horse forum, that some of you may also be on, and there's one member that's decided he's better than everyone else on the planet. He drives everyone up a wall, insults everyone, no one is smart enough, good enough, no one is better at it than him, etc.

"Well, why can't you just block him and move on?" You say???
I just did!

I posted in a thread started by another member and shared a picture of my hobby. And here he comes, telling me what's missing. I nicely tell him I don't need the guide, I don't compete, I've learned to shoot naturally by instinct or visually. He then proceeds to tell me how terrible that is and how crazy good and better he is at it because he has a guide!
ughhh...I've tried my darnedest to avoid this person, I shouldn't of responded the first time....
So I reply, telling him that life is not a competition, the forum is not his personal playground to be demeaning people and always showing off how he is somehow magically better at everything than everyone else.

I then blocked him. Yay!

I seriously hate this person. Boo...

I've passed on endless topics that were very interesting, just because I noticed he started them or that he had posted on there. He does little more than seek out a new target and rag on them for his own gratification. I can hardly read topics he's posted in because of all the narcissism.

I really hope he is not on this forum. If he is, I beg of the Forum Owner, Admins and Mods to ban him. He'll cause nothing but "argh, peeve off, you gnat!" type of feelings in everyone.

Anyway....that's all. I had to post it somewhere. I can only hope he doesn't garden...

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, I don't think we have anyone like that on these forums, so you can relax. :) Aren't most of us here pretty easy going and gentle? Even when we have disagreements, they are pleasant, "Agree to disagree" sort of things. That's just how TEG is. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can you complain to the moderators about this person? Probably more than just you that can't stand him either.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
1sm078eek.gif

he is, isn't he!?!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know what it takes.

Hints aren't enuf for some folks who are convinced of the seriousness of what they are about and how right they are about it.

Few can present their case and mostly just leave it at that. I'm not much good at that and should take some lessons from our friend Seedcorn.

Instead, I hope to subvert ..!

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only know of one person who was asked by admin (or told) to scram. There have been a few who just quit posting, I guess after they got bored with us not taking the bait.
On a different forum, a few years ago there was a terrible disagreement, and several of the most interesting, intelligent, and intense members all quit at one time. I hated that it happened. I don't think the forum ever recovered, at least in my opinion. :(
We just need to continue to be careful not to insult each other when there are differences of opinion.
We come here for fun, friendship and information, not to get our feelings hurt. Ever.

Latest posts