Phaedra's Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Two days ago, the border was in fact much cleaner after some hours of efforts.
18788.jpg

After another couples of hours spent yesterday and today, this area is ready for the new growing season. I mixed the old soil from the raised beds we knocked down and compost to make a thick layer of cover. Last night, it looked like this.
19117.jpg

I transplanted many plants this afternoon, and it might take another 5-6 weeks to see them fill the place.
19244(1).jpg

As hostas can tolerate more shade, I put them under the bird bath.
19235.jpg

Somehow funny, the bricks were dug out from the same area. Maybe a long time ago, the garden had a much different layout.
19239.jpg

I also transplanted some potatoes in the containers - those were sprouted in the pantry and then stayed in the greenhouse for a while.
19241.jpg

Three Japanese plum trees, four blueberry bushes, rose and black elderberry propagated from cuttings, Lilac from a rooted basal shoot, lavender from seed, strawberry plants from runners, sedum and aster divided from crown/clump - those are the first residents since last year. Based on this, I added more perennials and annuals this year.
19238.jpg

New residents: overwintered Lisianthus, celeries regrowing from the store-bought ones, young Echinacea, cornflowers, sea lavenders, hosta, mallow, MUM, lupine - I will add more after mid May.
19237.jpg

One more area is ready, yay!

Latest posts