Practice Practice Practice

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trying to overcome my fear of riding a bike. Did a 6 mile ride to and from the nursery. Two 6-packs of Seascape strawberries were all that fit in my basket. Proud of myself that I didn't fall!
IMG_1056.PNG

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over coming fears-in spite how trivial some may think they are-is HUGE. Congrats. Looks like a beautiful day there. Although couldn't you find something better to buy rather than strawberries? ;)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary - don't listen to Seed ... STRAWBERRY plants are quite profitable ! 2 years ago my wife purchased a 10 pack of commercial hybrid strawberry plants. This year I have harvested 52 lbs. ( cleaned , cut up, and fresh frozen ) of the berries and not counting those that we ate for desert about 3 days a week. That is not all either as the 2 grandkids ate quite a few 4 different times that they were here and they took home several bucket fulls too. They are again blooming for a fall rush. :) :drool May yours grow well and be productive . :thumbsup

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a bike I bought a few years ago and had to get over the fear. Felt weird after all these years of not riding. I was going to ride this summer, but on a blood thinner, not happening. I will be riding a lot once off the blood thinner. You look great on your bike! I need a basket!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, that's all that fit in my basket. Besides I didn't want anything heavier to throw my balance off, haha.

Bob, what kind of strawberries do you have. I have chandler and they are ok but are not sweet enough for me. I'm trying Seaside and hoping it's sweeter. Strawberries are just not that sweet to me.

Gardening with Rabbits, I splurged on that basket from Nantucket. I can't remember the brand.

I'm going to try and practice 2x a week in the evenings. I really should be doing it daily. I was a child learning how to ride when I fell off trying to cross railroad tracks. That did it for me and I bought this bike 3 years ago at the flea market and am trying again. I'm the only one you see walking their bike across the crosswalk. :rolleyes::p

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is that a bell n the left side of the handle bar? How many speeds?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife was driving down a country road just out of town when she saw a sign for strawberry plants for sale next to a newly planted field. She stopped and baught some surplus commercial hybrid strawberry plants. The berries taste GREAT and are VERY PRODUCTIVE.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife was driving down a country road just out of town when she saw a sign for strawberry plants for sale next to a newly planted field. She stopped and baught some surplus commercial hybrid strawberry plants. The berries taste GREAT and are VERY PRODUCTIVE.
Does she know the name of them?

Mary

Latest posts