smoking a green ham

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
here's a question for you smokers out there... has anyone of you ever done a green <raw>ham in your smoker before, thinking about doing one for christmas?

have reading about doing a cured ham in there, which is a good possibility heat,glaze,smoke,serve. seams every web i have read keeps pointing to making bbq out of it ...

trying to get some feelers out there before then..

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
here's a question for you smokers out there... has anyone of you ever done a green <raw>ham in your smoker before, thinking about doing one for christmas?

have reading about doing a cured ham in there, which is a good possibility heat,glaze,smoke,serve. seams every web i have read keeps pointing to making bbq out of it ...

trying to get some feelers out there before then..
If it is not cured, then it is like smoking any other cut of pork. Smoke away. If you ever smoked a pork shoulder, then that's about the same as a green ham. Just more meat.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
SEVeyesB04_th[1].gif

Ghelyon[1].gif

sSig_rofl.gif

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is smoking green ham legal in your state? It seems to be spreading across the country. Be careful, the pot-heads may get upset.
matter of fact it is legal here in north carolina.... @225* using apple or hickory wood.. it does seem that good bbq is spreading across our nation like wildfire...
as for the pot heads not worried once they get stoned.... after a big plate of pulled pork, hush puppies and slaw their down for a nap...:lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
to my surprize the owner gave full christmas bonus this year even with a slump in tire sales.. since it was a separate check, cashed it and took the dw on a grocery shopping spree saturday. which turned out to be perfect timing food lion had a great weekly ad. she thought we were going to get stuff for dinner. she kept telling me that i was going over budget finally after i half filled a cart with meat i fessed up. after that the pissy evil grrr look of how we going to pay the mortgage, to you butthead with a tear one of the best hugs i have ever got from her...

needless to say we are doing a smoked spiral ham for christmas.....

Latest posts