Social Security payment

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
SS recipients will get a monthly increase of $4 per MONTH in their and my benefits. Meanwhile Medicare Part 2 premiums increase will wipe that out and then some, but by law that premium can't exceed the SS increase due to the "hold harmless" provision of the law. Then our health insurance premium increase since Jan.is now up by $ 53.47 / month and how much for next year ?. Our property taxes have risen this year by $386.79 and more to come for next year with the expected election of tax and spend types. Then with the increase of the minimum wage to $15/ hour, all of our food and other daily purchase prices are rising at every turn. :duc

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
At least it remains at zero to you. SS is now paying for many things it was never intended to. Politicians saw this big nest egg and bought votes with it. Same with AG budget.

Medical expenses are out of control. $15-25 for a box of $.50 tissues being example one.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
CNBC, 2016

"The costs of providing health care to an average American family surpassed $25,000 for the first time in 2016 — even as the rate of health cost increases slowed to a record low, a new analysis revealed Tuesday."

"4.7 percent increase in health-care costs for an average family of four seen in 2016 marks the lowest rate of increase since the index began in 2001 ... "

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read in a newspaper article as well as being told by a friend that we would be getting $4. I still haven't received the official notification yet, so it could be $2 or whatever if will be if anything.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are having a hard time deciding what to spend DH's extra $2 on. Decisions! Decisions! If we saved it all year, we could buy a bucket of fried chicken.

Latest posts