Strawberry score!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The other day a lady came into the little library up here in the hills where my daughter works and gave her a big box of strawberry plants that she had thinned out of her patch. Since my daughter lives in an apartment in town she gave them to me and even helped me plant them! We have no idea what type they are so we will see how it goes. The plants were beautiful when they arrived and look kinda sad since we planted them, but hopefully they will perk up. Never grown strawberries before because we live in an area where the Hmong farmers grow them and have little roadside stands all over the place. They are a bit pricey but are so absolutely delicious they are totally worth it. Hope I can manage to get some decent berries off of these.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! I haven't grown strawberries in ages, but it is so nice to pick fresh strawberries for desert!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great score! My DIL's mother gave me a number of plants when she thinned her bed out two years ago. They turned out to be a delicious everbearing variety. I hope yours are, too.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Me too, Smart! As long as I don't kill them we will find out eventually!

Baymule, I'm not sure if there would ever be enough to pick for dessert. I can just see myself out there every morning stuffing all the red ones in my face. . . Did I mention I love strawberries?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
So you have dessert for breakfast..,......long as you don't feel guilty about nobody else getting any :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, Bay, I have no problem walking outside for a few strawberries each morning. I have no problem eating them for breakfast in front of other healthy family members who could have made the same jaunt if they wanted berries. I figure I just like berries in the morning better than they do. Of course, Skeeter, I do give them a chance to pick their own.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like the way you guys think! I'm pretty sure I will be the only one traipsing out to the garden to pick the goodies, so I shouldn't feel guilty. At least not much. :drool

Latest posts