Thanksgiving Dinner And 3 Firetrucks

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
While cooking turkey flames came from behind stove.
thanksgiving 312.JPG
thanksgiving 312.JPG
thanksgiving 302.JPG
thanksgiving 306.JPG
thanksgiving 310.JPG

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I give up !!!! this is a clear sign from my high power. DON'T COOK ANYMORE. Thanksgiveing dinner was at diner only place open. To rub salt in open wound fireman give me notice of unsafe equipment :he

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Omgosh!!! How did that happen????

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Geez Alex. They even sent the ambulance and you had not feed anyone yet! :hide Just kidding. Thank Goodness the pager did not go off for the Long Grove VFD this year. 1st time in 3 years son did not get called away from meal. So sorry you had a fire. Scary.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanksgiving day has the highest rate of house fires. See, the odds were stacked against you. My mom set a turkey on fire once when I was little. The house did not burn down. Sorry for this disappointment. Thanksgiving dinner is a very high pressure venue for any cook. I'd definitely have it catered next year.

My mom made the best turkey ever this year. Half hour past when we were supposed to eat the turkey still was not "done". I said 170 is perfect--let's eat! Martha Stewart would have been proud. :p

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The fire happened where plug goes into outlet setting sheet rock on fire. Fireman could not tell if it was stove plug or wall outlet that failed. I really felt bad for my nephew this was his sons 1st Thanksgiving. My nephew really wants to become more family orientated. I did notice one thing at diner customers where either guys in 20s or old ladies. We where the only family there.