The Fast Metablism Diet

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw Haylie Pomroy on KQED, public television broadcasting, talking about our metablisms. It caught my interest and was something different from other diets. I found her book on ebay and for $10 including shipping I decided to take the risk. Today my husband and I started and will do it for 4 weeks. I've cooked enough for 2 days and have frozen the meals. I would have liked to cook more but I didn't have more containers.

Breakfast this morning was steel cut oats with apples. My am snack will be 1 piece of fruit. Lunch I will have turkey chili and 1 fruit. Pm snack 1 fruit, and dinner will be chicken with wild rice.

I also weighed myself and I was 123lbs. That's the most I've ever weighed. I'm 5' and at my age it's all around my belly!

I will keep you guys posted! I'm excited and very committed. Hope it works.

Mary

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
photo (62).JPG

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck, Mary, on your venture! If you aren't eating bread, you should see a real reduction in belly size. Maybe not so much fat reduction, as bloat reduction. Keep us informed as to your energy level and such.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky, the first 2 days you are allowed some complex carbs like brown or wild rice, steel cut oatmeal, and 1 slice of sprouted no wheat bread.

The next 2 days is only protein and veggies. No fruit.

The last 3 days of the week, you are allowed your good fats, nuts, olive oil, and avocadoes.

I'm used to eating lots of fruit and nuts every day of the week so this is a big change for me.

Also, no dairy, caffeine, or alcohol.

I just hope I'm not starving!

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
With the kind of commitment you have to working out, this diet should be a cake walk for you Mary.

Having all your meals prepped ahead of time is so smart. Was that your idea?
I seem to do a lot of snacking while I'm preparing meals, if they were already ready to just heat that would cut down on a lot of calories for me right there.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, the author suggested that you cook all your meals ahead of time. She does this for her family and finds it easier to just cook on weekends and have prepared meals all week long. I actually enjoyed cooking on Saturday and really wished I could have done more.

On the first 2 days you have to do some cardio, the next 2 days some weightlifting, and the last 3 days something easy like walking. You are only exersizing 3 times a week.

My biggest challenge is because I work out hard 4-5 times a week, I really need to eat to get more calories. Right now I measured the amounts according to what she said. I may have to add another 1/2 cup more to each meal to keep me fueled.

I only drink Jasmine green tea in the mornings and maybe a cup in the afternoon if I'm cold. Giving it up shouldn't be a problem.

Mary

Last edited:

Latest posts