The hummingbird arrival...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I rarely see hummers in this part of the forest, but a mile away, my neighbor who is in more Oak habitat has a feeder and tons of them.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I went home and got my feeder off the hanger to bring in to clean and when I turned around to go back in, there lay a dead hummingbird on the porch. :( Poor guy must have hit the door.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no Stubborn! How sad. Once Dh left the screen door open for a minute, while he ran downstairs...when he came back up- the hummer had his beak stuck right in the screening! He was okay, but needed a little help getting out!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I know...I was so sad. He was beautiful too! Much of the front of our house is glass so I can understand how that happens some times. However, there are enough dog nose prints on the glass that he should have noticed there was something there. :rolleyes:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
One time when I was a kid at a friend's house, whose mother kept a super clean house, I walked smack dap into a closed sliding glass door. Man, that glass was too clean!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
One time when I was a kid at a friend's house, whose mother kept a super clean house, I walked smack dap into a closed sliding glass door. Man, that glass was too clean!
My daughter cleaned my sliding door (dog drools all over it!) was so cleaned I smacked my face on it !!:lol:

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
saw my first hummer yesterday...my mock oranges are starting to bloom... thanks all for your recipes I think maybe I hung the feeder too close to the house so I plan on putting it out with over the rose garden on the shepards crook along with a basket of petunias... I know they like petunias... maybe I can get those little sweeties to stay around after the mock oranges stop blooming...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
I went home and got my feeder off the hanger to bring in to clean and when I turned around to go back in, there lay a dead hummingbird on the porch. :( Poor guy must have hit the door.
Oh no! :hugs

Latest posts