To My TEG friends

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would like to apologize for my outburst here. http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=34962 I still stand by what I said, however that wasn't the place for it and I'm sorry. To the original poster I'm sorry that your thread was abused like that as well.

My Irish gets up and sometimes I unfortunately just let things out not always clearly thinking about where I say them. I will try to keep myself in check better for the future.

Thank you for understanding

Jared

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm ok with you going off until I read the nasty remarks about OKRA............ Now that is uncalled for. Okra is a staple that everyone loves--even those that say they don't. It's the perfect food, everyone must enjoy it. I am hurt, disgusted about your remarks. I will have to go eat some dried okra and forget what you wrote........

:lol:

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
LOL! Id blame those who cooked it for me but then I'd be passing the buck and not taking responsiblity. Maybe if I had had it from someone who knew how to cook it for me....?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
LOL! Id blame those who cooked it for me but then I'd be passing the buck and not taking responsiblity. Maybe if I had had it from someone who knew how to cook it for me....?
No matter how it's fixed, it's GREAT!!!!! So just sit there, eat it and say over and over..........

I love okra, I love okra, I love okra..............

It's an acquired taste. Blame my g'parents from south as it was a staple in our house. I've hooked my daughter on it as well, gotta pass the family tradition on.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed that one, other than I've been so busy this weekend. :p Looks like that topic got derailed in a hurry. I can see why your Irish got up though. I remember my first grade teacher telling us to put up our hand on the side of our face like a blinder and ignore the person who was needling us and say I'm ignoring you! :lol: I have to do that on here every so often. How many times have I had both hands gripping the mouse, teeth gritted and the little voice in my head saying "don't....click....that....thread!" LOL

Don't worry, shake it off. No mods had to get involved, so all is well. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared77 :hugs

Now with that out of the way, you are totally out of line, hating okra! You hater, you! What you need is a big plate of crispy, cornmeal breaded fried okra!! :lol:

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You hate okra??? Well, I think I'll just have to quit this forum!! :p I love okra. Oh, and I guess I'm a victim of the wine-drinking, myth-swallowing, duty-paying public, because I love wine!!! :D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hmmm........I must confess.......I....uh......um.......like wine too. Yes, (hangs head unabashedly) I am a victim of the wine cartel! But I have further confessions...........my wine comes in a box. Yup, true redneck confessions here. All my taste in fine wines is in my mouth. :lol: Or does admitting to liking boxed wines mean I have no taste? :gig

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fried okra is yummy. Okra as a thickener in gumbo double yummy; but a bowl of boiled okra? No thanks. Get that slimy stuff out of my face. ;)

Latest posts