Triple play

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a 2 year contract for the Comcast " triple play" service for telephone, computer, and TV. our monthly cost was $154 / month. Our contract has expired and without informing us, Comcast sent us a bill for $192.56 for Feb.. :ep When I called last week about the increase in the price of the service and why, I got the total runaround that took over 10 minutes of him just saying that that was our bill and I have to pay it. Then I was informed that since our contract expired , I should have known better than to let it expire , and I am now stuck with the increased cost. :he I then started to look around for another company to see what the costs were. Well, I found out that for our area there is Comcast , Century Link and about 7 other companies and they either do not service our small town or they broker for Century Link. Comcast has speeds of 42.47Mb/s while Century Link has 13.53 Mb/s .The satalite Dish has 5 agents sevicing this area . I called the first 2 in the telephone book and I got a boiler telephone room people with foreign accents. They only give very minimum information ... yes we service my area and which package that I want ,how soon do we want to start the service, and WHAT IS MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR A CREDIT CHECK. Are they kidding me ?????? :duc I had to ask specific questions as to the cost, what exactly was each "package", as well as what the add on costs were. They only gave vague answers , then when do I want to start the service. Then, in yesterday afternoon's mail, I got the bill for March with a bill amount of $239.30. :barnie Time to dump the s.o.b.s ! I will start to look for a TV antenna , dump the house phone, and see what wireless computer service that I can find. Anyone have any BRIGHT IDEAS A. S. A. P. ?????? :caf

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
More and more people are dropping their house phones. When I take a new clients infor 40 % don't have landline just cell. In White Plains I pay $175 for 2 phone lines and internet.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree, dump,land line.

Go to antennae service while you do your research.

Internet-tough one there-which is why you may have to stick with land line?

Satellite TV is $100/month-DirectTV! Landline is $60 and Internet is now $40. So I will be watching as well.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you saying the old service went up to $239.30, or that was a new service whose first billing was that high? Do you think they charged you for two months right off the bat?
I think we are going to dump our Dish Network service, since there is not much worth watching with over 200 channels, and the price keeps going up.
When I got my smart phone, one of the ATT reps was talking about using ATT for TV. Not sure, but going to research it. If we could just get the local channels and Netflix, I think I would be happy.
Bobm, I sure hope you are able to get something figured out. Those companies are so maddening.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a 2 year contract for the Comcast " triple play" service for telephone, computer, and TV. our monthly cost was $154 / month. Our contract has expired and without informing us, Comcast sent us a bill for $192.56 for Feb.. :ep When I called last week about the increase in the price of the service and why, I got the total runaround that took over 10 minutes of him just saying that that was our bill and I have to pay it. Then I was informed that since our contract expired , I should have known better than to let it expire , and I am now stuck with the increased cost. :he I then started to look around for another company to see what the costs were. Well, I found out that for our area there is Comcast , Century Link and about 7 other companies and they either do not service our small town or they broker for Century Link. Comcast has speeds of 42.47Mb/s while Century Link has 13.53 Mb/s .The satalite Dish has 5 agents sevicing this area . I called the first 2 in the telephone book and I got a boiler telephone room people with foreign accents. They only give very minimum information ... yes we service my area and which package that I want ,how soon do we want to start the service, and WHAT IS MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER FOR A CREDIT CHECK. Are they kidding me ?????? :duc I had to ask specific questions as to the cost, what exactly was each "package", as well as what the add on costs were. They only gave vague answers , then when do I want to start the service. Then, in yesterday afternoon's mail, I got the bill for March with a bill amount of $239.30. :barnie Time to dump the s.o.b.s ! I will start to look for a TV antenna , dump the house phone, and see what wireless computer service that I can find. Anyone have any BRIGHT IDEAS A. S. A. P. ?????? :caf
There are some horrendous comcast stories out there for there customer no-service. Call their number for cancelation and threaten to cancel and you should get some results. We had just got our bill reduced in this way. I must say we had a problem and they sent a tech from the next state over out on a Saturday night.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
More and more people are dropping their house phones. When I take a new clients infor 40 % don't have landline just cell. In White Plains I pay $175 for 2 phone lines and internet.
Two land lines and internet service $65 here. Then we pay U.S. cellular $65 a month for 3 cell phones. No fancy plans. Antenna television- FREE (Guess I should not be complaining about cost!)

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have entered the no-mans land of unloved rural customers. The land of unserviceable rural customers. A real eye opener, still have no internet, using stupid smart phone. Good luck bobm, you're going to need it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What are your internet options @baymule ?

We have a couple out here in rural land - dialup, satellite dish, or the "hotspot" thingy that Verizon offered. We did the hotspot for a year, liked it, but it was cumbersome to resolve issues when there was a problem.

We got rid of the landline years ago, so we have dish satellite again for internet. it's pretty reliable, but not a lot of data to share with 3 users and I'm not willing to fork over the extra $ for the next plan up. We pay about $70/month for what we have. We have antennae TV, and nothing worthwhile to watch anyway so there's no way I'd ever pay to get more.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are going to check out the hot spot. There is a provider out here that is expensive and every one hates them. Will have to make time to go to AT&T, wait half a day and spend the other half figuring it out. :)

Latest posts