Vegan gone wrong

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from our daughter... Her highschool best friend and BFF now ... the BFF's sister is a vegan and takes " herbal supplements " as well as kale smoothies daily and living by herself with her 3 year old daughter almost off grid. The BFF whent to visit her sister and found her on the floor of her bathroom almost unresponsive. Her 3 year old daughter was also quite ill. The sister hasn't had a bowel movement in over 2 weeks. An ambulance took them to the hospital and she is in emergency surgery to remove the intestinal blockage and enteroseception and intestine resection due to vegetable mass impaction and severe dehydration. Her 3 year old daughter was treated with enamas and then had a bowel movement, so will recover just fine. Doctors' recommended that sister and her daughter eat a ballance diet. o_O

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
People who start an alternative diet probably do not properly educate them selves as to how to eat a balanced diet. So glad they were found in time.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woman didn't have a BM in 2 weeks and never went for medical advice. :th
You know that vegans or wanna be vegans know better than doctors or you and me so she self medicates with medicinal herbs.
People who start an alternative diet probably do not properly educate them selves as to how to eat a balanced diet. So glad they were found in time.

This gal has been brainwashed er educated on the vegan way by a couple of her friends and had been a practicing vegan and growing her own "organic" vegetables way out in the boonies for quite a few years now . :idunno

ccheek

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can not even imagine why someone would decide to become a vegan. Praying she makes it through everything, and also realizes the importance of a balanced diet.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can not even imagine why someone would decide to become a vegan. Praying she makes it through everything, and also realizes the importance of a balanced diet.
To quote Majorcatfish from another thread that he started " common sense is out the window" . Man evolved to possess the largest brain of all relative to their body size by eating amino acids from animal proteins. Too, our canine teeth have evolved to eat meat among other evolutionary traits to become omnivors. Isn't it going backwards from the evolutionary path by vegans abondoning the very things that has become modern man ? :caf