We have rain!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have rain! At last, it is actually more than just a tease. I don't know how widespread it is, but it is definitely good news locally for fire suppression.
There was a 60 acre blaze a few miles from us yesterday afternoon, caused by a tree hitting a power line, that made us a little anxious as the winds were driving it our direction.
The firefighters were able to get it under control fairly quickly though and with this rain it should not be an issue today.

I'm hoping that this rain continues and gives all those fighting the fires a real boost.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I imagine that the only flood damage would be possible on burn scars. Even at that, it would take a lot of moisture to saturate such dry ground.

Yes, a little rain ..! With luck, a quarter of an inch ...

The highs around 70° through the week should also help the firefighters. I wonder if lows in the 30's are possible anytime soon.

:) Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had tiny isolated showers yesterday & last night, then slightly longer showers today. This is the first day in over a week we've been able to see the surrounding mountains. At times the smoke was so thick here it was 1/4 mile visibility and driving around with headlights on in the daytime. We're SO HAPPY with any rain we can get!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so happy that at least some rain has fallen in those dangerous fire-prone areas. We got a small bit of rain Friday, pretty light but steady rain on Saturday, and a misty hit and miss Sunday morning. Finally, about 1:00 the sun began peeking out until the sky cleared. Probably not much more than 1 to 1 1/2 inches in total, but nice!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It looks as though the central Washington areas with the most severe fires had significant rain, although most rain would have been on the west side of the mountains.

http://water.weather.gov/precip/

The nearest weather station to me had .18". So, not the 1/4" that might do more than dampen foliage.

Cooler temperatures, fresher air, 20% rain chances continue ...

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It wasn't much rain, but it was wonderful. Settled the dust in the horse corral which was beginning to cause the animals some eye and respiratory issues.
And the air smells so nice now.

Latest posts