What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally started my peppers, three hot varieties. Tomatoes also, basil, and some of Marshalls Japonica Striped Maize to use as a decorative container plant.
Some Purple seeded golden podded peas in cow pots as an experiment, the rest I'll put in the ground. Sweet peas, larkspur, and delphinium too, even though I'm pretty behind on those last two.
Then I planted 18 oriental lilies,
6 Louisiana iris, 10 dahlias, and 4 clematis in starter pots in the windows.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the good people in the online gardening world sent me some seeds. When she learned that I had failed to notice that I had not a single seed for a favorite tomato, Casey's Pure Yellow, she put those and others in the mail.

Two days, from New Jersey "the garden state" . . ! Not too bad! I got the seed in some soil.

:) Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I planted several 'rescued' Heuchera that DH raked out of the ground with the leaves. I sure hope the places I found don't already have other perennials in them. So little here has started to pop up in the shady areas.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potatoes!

Viking Purple
Dark Red Norland
Peter Wilcox
Daisy Gold

I hope I didn't mess up on the Norland. I've grown them several times but I don't know that it was the "Dark Red" or whatever the standard is called. Happy with them so I'd better not have gotten lost in the tall grass.

Daisy Gold appealed to DW. Cute, I guess it is . . . sure has a dark yellow interior.

Peter Wilcox? Why does this one variety have multiple names? Blue Gold, Purple Sun . . ? USDA variety, as I understand it. What do they do, just toss it on the market and say. "Okay, you retail boys call it whatever you want to call it!" Giving it a try. (Maybe we will give it our own name, too. Maybe, Rodney Wilcox or Blue Antonio or something.)

Viking Purple has been in my garden several times. Know it and like it.

Steve :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is what I was going to ask, Thistle...You already have your potatoes in the ground, Steve?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are from Irish Eyes.

I don't know, the soil temperature was 46°f a week ago. No, I don't expect them to show up anytime soon. The new-to-me's would have been better off if they had a week or two to develop some eyes. The condition of the other two were not to my liking. I was trying to think how to slow them down. 46° soil should do it.

In the interest of completing the spud patch and moving on, they all went in at once.

Steve

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Larkspur and lavender from seed. I might be surprised!
also, I have decided that I am planting every single crook neck squash seed I have. The only way I will get any is if I have way too much.

Latest posts