What Color is Your Front Door ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
last year when I had my house painted I ran into big problem with colors for the outside doors. I wanted bright and cheerful, first I picked orange ,bad choice looked like Howard Jonhsons. Gave the painter red next, learned red is a hard shade to get right. When I gave the painter a 3 can of paint for doors, was glad I didn't understand Portuguese. Today a new front door is being changed from one damaged in break in. The door is unpainted wood, have no idea what color or even stain. Body of building med grey with dark brown trim. How did you pick your door color ?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We selected "dirty" and it works. No, actually the house came with a dark brown "wood" colored door and it works, but this is a red brick with white siding.

I'll ask a silly question, why not a dark brown to match the trim? You've tried bright and cheerful.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i built my tiny little house 18 months and was going to leave the door dark brown to match the trim on the house but ended up painting it a forest green. i like it

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My first home (that I owned) had a red door (sage green house)... i loved it.
The farm in TX has white doors (white house). They're boring. ;)
The house I'm at now has white doors (also white house), but I want them to be red as soon as the temps are conducive to door painting. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My door is plain old boring white. Tan siding, darker trim. Dh is color averse, but I want it to be .......something besides white. :rolleyes:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even without dogs going in and out (mine use the back slider) my front door looks pretty scuffed up. I can't even blame it on the kids anymore.
I'm thinking a nice sunflower yellow. That's something I could probably pull off by myself.

Or at least tell DH I will. That will scare him into doing it himself to make sure it looks professional. :D

Manipulative? Who me?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am painting my front door red to match the color in the red glass squares in the glass panel. House is red brick w/ green trim (forest type green) I am wanting to change that to tin grey and black

Latest posts