What the heck!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Haven't been on here much for the past few weeks. DH went to the Dr for pain and ended up having an emergency operation to remove a section of his bowel and his appendix. We are new to the "major operation" thing and I have to say it hasn't been all that much fun. Poor guy is getting really frustrated because he isn't regaining strength or stamina very quickly, but at least he should be good as new once he heals. I guess it's a good thing that it isn't time to do any planting yet. Before he went to the Dr, we had cleared and rototilled our big garden space, so that's done. Now we just wait impatiently until planting time. At some point I will have to get rows/paths, etc ready - not looking forward to doing that by myself!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My neighbor had that problem and surgery while taking a little vacation to visit in a city 300 miles from his home. Getting him back home to recuperate was all it took to put him on the mend.

Be a little patient with him, Skeeter. I am familiar with being incapacitated. It can weigh heavily on a person. The time both drags and flees - if that makes any sense.

See if you can find a way to kind of drift off on your own to make your caregiving experience a little less all-encompassing. You should be taking care of yourself during this time and a little garden-variety activity could be therapeutic :).

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
skeeter9 said:
Haven't been on here much for the past few weeks. DH went to the Dr for pain and ended up having an emergency operation to remove a section of his bowel and his appendix. We are new to the "major operation" thing and I have to say it hasn't been all that much fun. Poor guy is getting really frustrated because he isn't regaining strength or stamina very quickly, but at least he should be good as new once he heals. I guess it's a good thing that it isn't time to do any planting yet. Before he went to the Dr, we had cleared and rototilled our big garden space, so that's done. Now we just wait impatiently until planting time. At some point I will have to get rows/paths, etc ready - not looking forward to doing that by myself!
The ones who have never been sick take it very hard when they are. One day he will just feel like himself.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Detlor, Lesa, Southern, and thistlebloom, thank you so much for the well-wishes! I will pass them on to Hubby.

Steve - I'm afraid patience is not one of my virtues when it comes to my poor husband. I've been trying really hard, but it's overwhelming sometimes. We are both encouraged that things seem to be going well, though - no complications!

catjac - Waiting for the day when he feels like himself is taking entirely too long! lol

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Skeeter, see if you can get it down from overwhelming to all-encompassing, to, maybe, a positive life-experience.

. . . a bridge too far . . .

Diversions! Of a personal and positive nature :hugs. R & R.

There aren't many who come by the caregiver role, naturally. If you meet people like that - get away from them!!

Just kidding . . . give them something to do - like, make you dinner :).

Steve

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am sorry for all your troubles. I will keep you in my prayers. I am an army wife so my hubby is gone quite a bit and most of the time all I get is him just tilling up the garden. Then I have to put in everything. It can be done, and I am sure you are much stronger then you realize. By, strong I don't mean muscles. It will work out.