1. Announcing the new awards/recognition feature - medals!
    Read MORE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

2. TEG Featured Thread: Wine not? A great way to enjoy your produce
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

3. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

4. Caption Contest Submissions - Pictures Needed
    Click HERE!

What the heck!

Discussion in 'About Me & My Garden' started by skeeter9, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Apr 12, 2012
    skeeter9

skeeter9 Deeply Rooted

Haven't been on here much for the past few weeks. DH went to the Dr for pain and ended up having an emergency operation to remove a section of his bowel and his appendix. We are new to the "major operation" thing and I have to say it hasn't been all that much fun. Poor guy is getting really frustrated because he isn't regaining strength or stamina very quickly, but at least he should be good as new once he heals. I guess it's a good thing that it isn't time to do any planting yet. Before he went to the Dr, we had cleared and rototilled our big garden space, so that's done. Now we just wait impatiently until planting time. At some point I will have to get rows/paths, etc ready - not looking forward to doing that by myself!
  2. Apr 12, 2012
    Detlor Poultry

Detlor Poultry Attractive To Bees

I hope he recovers soon. :hugs
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    lesa

lesa Garden Addicted

Oh dear! Sending get well wishes, his way! Do what you can...
  4. Apr 12, 2012
    Southern Gardener

Southern Gardener Deeply Rooted

So sorry to hear that skeeter - I hope he has a quick recovery. :weight
  5. Apr 12, 2012
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

My neighbor had that problem and surgery while taking a little vacation to visit in a city 300 miles from his home. Getting him back home to recuperate was all it took to put him on the mend.

Be a little patient with him, Skeeter. I am familiar with being incapacitated. It can weigh heavily on a person. The time both drags and flees - if that makes any sense.

See if you can find a way to kind of drift off on your own to make your caregiving experience a little less all-encompassing. You should be taking care of yourself during this time and a little garden-variety activity could be therapeutic :).

Steve
  6. Apr 13, 2012
    catjac1975

catjac1975 Garden Addicted

The ones who have never been sick take it very hard when they are. One day he will just feel like himself.
  7. Apr 13, 2012
    thistlebloom

thistlebloom Garden Master

I wondered where you were Skeeter :hugs . Don't let him get over anxious and start doing too much too soon.
    These things just need time.
  8. Apr 13, 2012
    skeeter9

skeeter9 Deeply Rooted

Detlor, Lesa, Southern, and thistlebloom, thank you so much for the well-wishes! I will pass them on to Hubby.

Steve - I'm afraid patience is not one of my virtues when it comes to my poor husband. I've been trying really hard, but it's overwhelming sometimes. We are both encouraged that things seem to be going well, though - no complications!

catjac - Waiting for the day when he feels like himself is taking entirely too long! lol
  9. Apr 14, 2012
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

Skeeter, see if you can get it down from overwhelming to all-encompassing, to, maybe, a positive life-experience.

. . . a bridge too far . . .

Diversions! Of a personal and positive nature :hugs. R & R.

There aren't many who come by the caregiver role, naturally. If you meet people like that - get away from them!!

Just kidding . . . give them something to do - like, make you dinner :).

Steve
  10. Apr 14, 2012
    HunkieDorie23

HunkieDorie23 Deeply Rooted

I am sorry for all your troubles. I will keep you in my prayers. I am an army wife so my hubby is gone quite a bit and most of the time all I get is him just tilling up the garden. Then I have to put in everything. It can be done, and I am sure you are much stronger then you realize. By, strong I don't mean muscles. It will work out.