What's Your Favorite Kitchen Gadget ?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ahhh, my favorite subject .. :lol:

DH loves that thing! (garlic peeler) At first I thought you meant garlic press, that he hates... too hard to clean it out so he minces with a knife.

My favorite is a jar/bottle opener. Well, you can also use it as a crab cracker. :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
On these days of multi-quotes and spoilers, I suppose my knife collection and box of bandaids could be choices?

No. Well, I came to think that the blender just wasn't up to the jobs I might have for it years ago when the food processor showed up in the kitchen. Years of food processor work and I have been turning back to the blender.

However, my earlier thought was probably correct: the blender ISN'T up to the jobs I have for it. The last time I used the blender, I came to a decision. If I burn this thing up, I need to buy one that is more heavy duty. Until then, I am using it for anything I think it should work best for.

gonzoS'

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My new favorite is my moms old Saladmaster. She and dad got it when they were first married, so it's about 63 years old.

I've been making a lot of carrot cake and it does a great job of grating carrots.
It needs new rubber feet, dad glued them on at some point, but they don't stay put. Amazingly, new parts are still
available. It's one of the things I was grateful to find still at their house.

dust bath and saladmaster 017.JPG

Latest posts