WR's 2014 Fall Garden

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As y'all like pictures so much, I ran out this morning between rain bands & took some of the our fall garden to share with you. Everything is doing well in spite of our recent early frosts, which did burn the lettuce & the potatoes... We are still waiting on the arrival of the onion sets that are normally in the first week of November.

Garden1_112214.jpg

Garden2_112214.jpg

Kohlrabi_112214.jpg

Spinach_112214.jpg

Lettuce_112214.jpg

Radish_112214.jpg

Cauliflower_112214.jpg

Broccoli_112214.jpg

Cabbage_112214.jpg

Garlic_112214.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful garden, beautiful crop of veggies you have there @w_r_ranch. Where are you hiding the bugs such as I find nibbling in my garden? Your cabbages seem unchewed, your broccoli look unbitten, your cauliflower hole-free, your radish are radiant, your spinach unsmitten, your lettuces unlicked and your kohlrabi -- :drool drooling here :drool -- is perfectly pickable and ready for the table. Wish it were mine.

If you want some work this summer when your garden has burned up, . . . there's always work here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very nice garden! Making me hungry for fall goodies. Is that a high wire fence in the background? Got tall cows or sumpin'? :lol:

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Whoa! All that greenery and growing stuff is just beyond my comprehension this time of year!! Soon it will be just white everywhere i look...for a long long time!

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Very nice garden! Making me hungry for fall goodies. Is that a high wire fence in the background? Got tall cows or sumpin'? :lol:

LOL, baymule!!! We have an abundance of wildlife here (deer, hogs, coyotes, etc)... I had to high fence the home site itself (to keep them out of the garden & away from our fruit trees). We have a sizable herd here that we manage as best we can. These pics are typical of what we see from the back porch.

23DEC13-A.jpg

23DEC13-D.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some people might see Bambi in those awesome pictures, but I see home made smoked link sausage, chili and fried deer steak. :drool

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Where are you hiding the bugs such as I find nibbling in my garden? Your cabbages seem unchewed, your broccoli look unbitten, your cauliflower hole-free, your radish are radiant, your spinach unsmitten, your lettuces unlicked

Bt is my best friend when the caterpillars/worms start getting out of hand!!!

Diple_Dust_Bt.jpg

if it's another pest/fungus, I can usually add the 'cure' to my EZ-Flow Injector (attached to my irrigation system), turn it on & then just water the garden.

EZ-Flo_Installed.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Zone envy, garden envy, produce envy, is there anything I might have missed that is wrong with your garden? Hardpan clay? Rocks the size of bread loaves? Quicksand in the middle of the biggest bed? I would hate to have to hate you out of pure green-demon envy.